- 2-3 just ripe bananas
- Lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 105°C.
- Peel and slice your bananas into ¼ cm slices. Try to get them as even as possible. Spread the banana out onto a lined baking tray. Make sure the slices aren’t touching. Brush the slices with lemon juice to stop them from browning.
- Bake the banana slices until they have dried out. This can take two to three hours, but you should check after 90 minutes or so. It helps to take the slices out and lift them up to separate them from the paper once or twice.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for up to an hour – this is when they should crisp up nicely. If they don’t start to go crispy after 5 minutes, pop them back in for another 15 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature. These can be stored for a couple of days in an airtight container, but we bet they won’t last that long.