- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (5.3 ounce) containers blueberry greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- Blueberry Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ milk
- 2 teaspoons blueberry jam or mashed fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, vanilla and yogurt. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each one almost full. Bake for 15 minutes or until they just start to turn light brown on top.
- Remove the fritters from the oven and turn the oven broiler on high. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the fritters to the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk and blueberry jam until smooth.
- One fritter at a time, dip the top into the glaze and set upright back on the baking sheet for the glaze to drizzle down the sides of the fritter. Place fritters in the oven and let broil until they start to crisp and caramelize on top, about 3-4 minutes. Rotate the baking sheets every minute to insure even caramelization. Be sure to watch the fritters carefully so they don’t blacken and burn. Once fritters start to turn brown in spots, remove from oven. Brush remaining glaze over the tops of the fritters. Let glaze set for about 15 minutes before enjoying them.
Store in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Maegan - The Baker Mama. Thank you!