For the Crust:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter- cut into small pieces and chilled
3-5 tablespoons ice water
For the crumbs:
¾ cup flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup packed light-brown sugar
Dash of salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
6 Tablespoon unsalted butter- cut into small pieces and chilled
For the Filling:
2.5 pounds peaches- peel and cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Salted caramel sauce
- To make the crust in food processor pulse flour with sugar and salt, then add cubed chilled butter and pulse until it resembles coarse meal. If you don’t have the food processor use pastry blender or fork.
- Add three tablespoons ice water into the mixture and pulse. If necessary add (one by one) two more tablespoons ice water and pulse. The mixture should holds together when squeezed but do not overmix, it should look crumbly. Shape the dough into a disc and wrap, set in the fridge at least 1 hour( you can store it overnight in the fridge).
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough to make 12-13 inch circle, transfer it in 9 inch pie dish, fold the edges and crimp with your finger. Set in the fridge while prepare the filling.
- To make the crumb stir together with a fork granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, dash of salt and flour. Add cubed chilled butter and press it with a fork to combine evenly. The mixture should look like pea sized crumbs. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Pell the peaches, remove the stones, slice into ½ inch slices and place in a large bowl. Add cornstarch mixed with cinnamon, then add salted caramel sauce and toss to coat them evenly. Let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes then pour it into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with the crumbs and place into preheated oven at 425F. After 10 minutes REDUCE THE HEAT TO 350F and bake for 45-60 minutes more or until the top are golden brown. NOTES: place the baking sheet under the pie pan because the filling will bubble to prevent dripping onto oven!
- Cool to room temperature before serving. It will sliced and lift easier when it’s completely cooled.
- Served with salted caramel sauce.