- 3 Lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 (1oz) Envelope Dry Onion Soup/Dip Mix
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter - cubed
- 3 Lb Sweet Onions - sliced
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Generous Pinch Kosher Salt
- 12 Soft Mini Sub Rolls
- 24 Slices Sargento Provolone or Swiss Cheese (or 12 of each)
- Place ingredients into large slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hrs). Turn slow cooker off, shred chicken and let sit in juices for 30 minutes. (makes 4-5 cups shredded chicken)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a 9x13 pan, place the bottoms of sub rolls in a tight, even layer. Top each with one slice of cheese, scoop of shredded chicken, golden onions and another slice of cheese. Finish with the tops of the sub rolls, cover pan with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until melty.
- *The shredded chicken recipe makes enough for 2 batches. However, all other recipes/ingredients need to be doubled for a second batch.