- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Organic All-Purpose White Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup milk
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramel bits
- 1/2 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 2 9" round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl with electric mixer mix together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in your molasses and eggs and keep mixing until smooth.
- In another bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Alternate adding your flour mixture and milk into butter mixture in about 3 additions.
- Once everything is blended, distribute evenly in prepared pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until cake springs back and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for about 5 minutes, then run knife around edges of pans and turn cakes out onto wire racks to cool completes.
- While cooling make your frosting by beating your butter until fluffy. Add in your cream cheese and continue mixing until combined.
- Add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, once all is added add in your heave cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- Once cakes are cool, add on layer onto cake stand/turntable and top with about 1 cup of your cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- Top with other layer and spread a thin layer of frosting on the outside and top of cake to create a crumb coat then place in freezer for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove from freezer and continue to frost your cake reserving about 1 cup for decorating at end, starting from top down until sides and top is smooth, place back into freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your caramel sauce by combining caramels and heavy cream in sauce pan on medium heat, stir until caramels melt.
- Remove cake from freezer and using spoon around top of cake spoon a little of your caramel sauce over the top and pushing it over the edge a little to create a drip, do that all around the cake. Once all drips are created add more caramel sauce to top of cake to cover.
- Again place in freezer for about 10 minutes to cool down the caramel.
- To finish cake pipe the rest of the cinnamon cream cheese frosting on top of the caramel in any design and if desired garnish with cranberries and cinnamon sticks.