- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until butter is in pea-sized clumps. Add milk and chocolate chips and gently stir until a shaggy ball of dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface and gently knead several times until dough forms a smooth ball. Roll dough out to 1-in thickness and cut out biscuits using a 2-in biscuit cutter. Place biscuits 1-in apart upside-down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits at 425F 11-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool biscuits on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until a thick glaze forms. Drizzle glaze over cooled biscuits and let set 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Notes: Recipe courtesy of WholeAndHeavenlyOven.com. Thank you!