- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- salt and pepper
Cooking spaghetti squash:
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Cut the squash in 2 halves, scrape out the seeds and the fiber out of each half. Spray 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cut sides of the squash. Spray the baking sheet with oil and place the squash on the baking sheet cut side down.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Remove it from the oven when it's cooked through and soft, and let it cool. Flip the squash so that cut side faces up – that will speed up the cooling. After squash cools, scrape squash with a fork to remove flesh in long strands and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and fresh spinach and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring, on medium heat, uncovered until spinach wilts. Season with salt.
- Add spaghetti squash to the skillet with spinach, add finely chopped cooked bacon and mix to combine, on low heat.
- Add freshly shredded Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir on low heat to melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Top with toasted pine nuts.