- 1 lb Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 Tomatoes, medium
- 1 Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 1 Olive oil
- 8 slices Sourdough bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle both sides of your flattened chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat an electric counter-top grill or large skillet over medium-high heat. If using a skillet, spray with cooking spray or coat with a little olive oil. Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 8 minutes per side, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers of the breasts reads 165°F. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch wide strips. Wipe out your pan.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading mayonnaise (if desired) and about a tablespoon of pesto over the bread. Top with chicken, tomatoes, and cheese, and brush tops and bottoms of the sandwiches lightly with olive oil or a thin layer of mayonnaise to help them brown.
- Cook sandwiches over medium to medium high heat until first side is toasted and flip. The sandwiches are done when both sides are golden and the cheese is melted. If making in a skillet, you will probably only be able to fit two sandwiches at a time in the pan. Place cooked sandwiches on a plate in a warm oven while you repeat the process with the last two sandwiches to keep them warm.
Notes: Recipe courtesy of bakingmischief. Thank you so much!