For the Dough
- ½ tablespoon instant yeast
- ½ cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup butter, well softened, but not melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Raspberry Filling
- 1 and ½ cups frozen raspberries
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
Cream Cheese Glaze
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons of milk.
- Proof the yeast in the warm milk for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Whisk in the sugar, butter, salt and egg. Stir in the flour until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for a few minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double in size.
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Toss the raspberries in the cornstarch right before rolling out the dough.
- Roll the dough into an 10 by 18 inch rectangle. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough with a butter knife. Sprinkle with the raspberries and roll up tightly starting on the short edge.
- Using thread or a very sharp knife, cut the log into 8 or 9 rolls. Place them in a greased 12 inch skillet or 11 x 7 baking pan. Let rise in a warm place until double. Bake at 375 F for 15-16 minutes. Double check the center rolls to make sure they are not doughy before removing from the oven.
- Let the rolls cool slightly before drizzling with the glaze. Add more milk if necessary to thin the glaze.