- 6 medium yellow potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into ¾" to 1" thick pieces
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and sliced into ¾" - 1" thick pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into ½" thick rounds
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ¾" thick rounds
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 1" pieces
- 1.5 Tbsp garlic salt, or to taste
- Freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- Extra light olive oil, or avocado oil, or vegetable oil
- ½ cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat Oven to 450˚F with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line baking pans with foil and generously grease with about 1 Tbsp olive oil in each pan.
- Start with the vegetables that take longer to bake: place potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and ½ of chopped garlic into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and 1 Tbsp garlic salt, or to taste. Stir to coat the veggies evenly. Divide this mixture into your two prepared baking pans and roast uncovered at 450˚F for 10 minutes.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine remaining veggies: zucchini, bell pepper, remaining chopped garlic, 1 Tbsp olive oil, black pepper and ½ Tbsp garlic salt, or to taste and stir well to combine. Remove roasting pans from the oven and quickly place the mixed vegetables evenly over the top. Return to the oven and roast an additional 20-25 minutes or until potatoes and squash are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese and place under the broiler for 1-2 min or until cheese melts.