For the Cob Salad:
- ½ lb (3 to 4 medium) Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ English cucumber or 3 smaller garden cucumbers, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 2 fresh cobs or canned drained corn)
- 1 medium romaine lettuce (5 to 6 cups chopped)
For the Cajun Shrimp:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Pinch of salt
For the Zesty Cilantro Lemon Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (mild or extra virgin)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about 3 Tbsp) (it's ok to sub lime juice)
- ½ bunch cilantro, (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place shrimp in medium bowl, sprinkle with 1 tsp cajun spice, 2 pressed garlic cloves and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Heat large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Swirl in 2 Tbsp butter. Once butter stops sizzling, add shrimp in a single layer and sauté about 2 min without disturbing. Flip shrimp over and sauté another minute or just until fully cooked through. Don't overcook shrimp or they can become rubbery. Remove to a plate and set aside to cool.
- Chop, rinse and spin dry romaine lettuce. Line the bottom of a large salad platter/bowl with 5 to 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce. Add remaining salad ingredients and shrimp in rows on top of romaine.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Drizzle dressing over the salad then toss to combine and serve.
Noted: Special thanks to Natasha's Kitchen for the recipe.