- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Water, boiling
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chocolate Extract (optional)
- 3 Eggs, room temperature
Chocolate Whipped Cream :
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Chocolate Ganache :
- 2 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 425
- Measure all ingredients and set aside before starting. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a sauce pan, mix together water, butter, sugar, and salt to boil. Immediately remove from heat and stir in flour. Return to heat and mix for 1-2 minutes until the dough is smooth and forms a ball. Place dough into stand mixer and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add in chocolate extract, if using. Beat in eggs, one at a time, with the mixture becoming smooth and glossy in between additions.
- Spoon dough into a pastry bag, or a plastic bag with the corner cut out.
- Pipe into 1-inch, by 4-inch strips.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Then reduce oven to 350 degrees, continuing to bake for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven, and let the shells rest for 10 minutes before removing.
FOR CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM:
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, combine all ingredients and whip on medium speed until light and fluffy. Do not over mix. Pour into a piping bag with a star tip for a decorative design, or into a plastic bag with the corner cut out to make piping easier!
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate and heavy cream on high for 30 seconds. Stir together until chocolate is mixed and melted completely. Repeat in 15 second intervals if necessary.
- Gently cut the eclairs, in half to make a top and a bottom. Dip the top of the top half into the chocolate ganache, and let it rest chocolate side up.
- Fill the bottom half with chocolate whipped cream. Top with chocolate dipped top. Repeat. Serve immediately.