For the rose raspberry coulis
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 65g / ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the ice cream
- 720ml / 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 120ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (optional) 1 tbsp alcohol, such as vodka, gin, rum etc.
To make the coulis
- Mix the rosewater, raspberries, lemon and maple syrup together in a blender or food processor until you have a smooth puree.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened and reduced.
- Refrigerate until needed for the ice cream.
To make the ice cream
- Mix 60ml / ¼ cup coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and set aside to thicken.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a saucepan with the maple syrup and bring to a boil, immediately stir in the arrowroot mixture to thicken the liquid. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and alcohol.
- Chill in the fridge until cold, then churn.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container. Pour the coulis over the ice cream and use a skewer to swirl it through.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.