For the crust
- 2 cups 7 oz. crushed Maria cookies (or graham crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
For the filling
- 1 can 13.4 oz dulce de leche (caramel)
- A pinch or two of sea salt optional
- 10 oz. guava paste goiabada
- 1/2 cup water
For the topping
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add Maria cookies, butter, and brown sugar to a food processor. Process for about 2 minutes, until it is all incorporated. Press mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. Bake for about 7 to 10 minutes, until the surface is golden brown. Let cool.
Scrape the dulce de leche into the pie crust. Evenly sprinkle sea salt over the caramel. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, add guava paste and water. Use medium heat to melt the guava paste. Spread the guava sauce over the dulce the leche.
In a bowl, mix the sour cream and sugar together. Spread the cream on top of the pie and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.
All rights and credits reserved to the owner:
Jas of "All That Jas"