- 12 oz almond paste
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- confectioners sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond paste, sugar and salt. Mix until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually add in egg whites, mixing until the dough becomes a thick but smooth paste. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Using a standard cookie scoop (or a heaping 1 tablespoon of dough), portion out the dough and place evenly on two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle generously with confectioner's sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown around the edges. Cool right on the pan before serving.