- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar (or a natural granulated baking sweetener that measure 1:1 with sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or full fat or almond milk)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons level baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup boiled water brewed with 2 teaspoons instant coffee (or 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee)*, at room temperature
- 1 cup (8 oz | 250 g) light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup natural powdered sweetener (or sugar)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use natural)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or natural, plain, or Greek yogurt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
Chocolate Yogurt Glaze: (OPTIONAL)
- 3 1/2 oz | 100g 70% dark or milk chocolate
- 3 1/2 oz | 100g vanilla or naturally sweetened Greek yogurt**
Peanut Butter Yogurt Frosting: (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or naturally sweetened Greek yogurt , room temperature
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered | confectioners sugar (or powdered sweetener)
Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch round springform pan with cooking oil spray; line with baking / parchment paper and set aside.***
For The Cake:
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until light and creamy. Beat in the milk until well combined.
Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, mixing them through the wet ingredients. Pour in the coffee and beat the batter until fluffy, well combined and smooth (about 1 minute). Set aside.
For The Cheesecake Mixture:
Beat the cheesecake ingredients together until smooth and lump free (about one minute on low speed).
Evenly pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Pour ⅓ of the cream cheese mixture over the cake layer (don't swirl it through). Pour the remaining cake batter over the cream cheese; then pour the remaining cream cheese mixture over the top to evenly cover the cake.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes, or until the centre is just set (it will have a very slight wobble to it). If you find it is browning after 30 minutes, tent with foil being careful the foil does not stick to the cheesecake). Slightly open oven door and keep it ajar with the cheesecake still in the oven for 20 minutes to allow the cheesecake to set further.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for two hours. By this stage, it will be soft but set enough to serve slightly warm. OR cover with foil and refrigerate for 6 hours or over night.
For The Chocolate Yogurt Glaze:
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments; stirring after each until completely melted. Lightly mix the yogurt through the chocolate until just combined (don't beat it or the chocolate will seize and harden).
For The Peanut Butter Yogurt Glaze:
Beat all ingredients well until smooth, lump free and combined.
Once cake has chilled, remove from baking pan onto serving plate. Spread the chocolate glaze evenly around the sides of the cake with a thin, straight spatula. Spread the peanut butter frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate with crushed chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (I blended them in a small magic bullet cup or small food processor).
All rights and credits reserved to the owner:
Karina of "Cafe Delites: For All Good Food Lovers"