- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approximate 2 large or 3 small)
- 1½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 8.5x4.5x2.5" loaf pans, and set aside.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating well to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter/cream cheese mixture, mixing just until combined. Add the vanilla and mashed bananas, mixing on low speed to incorporate. Fold in the strawberries just until they are fully incorporated into the batter.
- Divide batter between the prepared pans, spreading evenly with a spatula. Bake for 1 hour, shielding with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning, until a cake tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean. Remove pans to a a foil rack, and cool bread in pans for 10 minutes. Invert bread directly onto racks to cool completely.