YOU WILL NEED
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and not hot (melted butter, lightly flavored olive oil or neutral oil like grapeseed also work)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coffee, at room temperature (water or milk — dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (leave out for extra fudgy brownie, see notes below)
- Salt, optional
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together over a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted coconut oil, brown sugar, coffee, egg, vanilla and a very small pinch of salt together until blended then pour into the bowl with sifted flour and cocoa powder. Whisk until combined then carefully pour into the mug.
- Clean any drips around the edges of the mug then microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 1 minute and 45 seconds. Serve with a sprinkle of salt on top, if you like. Top with your favorite brownie topping — ice cream is always a good choice.