- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 8 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan very well and set aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, both sugars, nutmeg and salt very well. Add melted butter, eggs and milk and beat until mixture is smooth. Add batter to a ziploc bag and cut a corner off to pipe into donut pan wells. Fill them no higher than 2/3 of the way up so they don't bake over. Bake donuts for 12-13 minutes or until they are firm and spring back when you touch them. Pop them out of the donut pan and onto a cooling rack to cool until warm to the touch.
- Whisk glaze ingredients in a small bowl and dip one side of warm donuts. Place on a cooling rack to allow glaze to dry. Glazed Chocolate Cake Donuts are best served immediately because they cannot be covered or the glaze will dissolve into the donuts. They are still tasty though!