- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (or Maida)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Cocoa (Powder)
- 1/2 cup Butter (, melted)
- 3/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate (Chips (optional))
- 1/4 cup Walnuts ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Line an 8X8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or aluminium foil, and brush all sides with butter.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl and add sugar to it. Whisk well and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the melted but cooled butter, yogurt, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined well.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix till just combined. Do not overmix. The mixture will be on the thicker side. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. Start checking if the brownies are cooked by inserting a fork or toothpick in the center at the 35 minute mark.
- Once baked, cool the brownies in the pan completely before inverting them onto a metal rack. Cut into slices and serve.