- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (8 to 12 cloves)
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 6-7 pounds bone-in chicken, about 8-9 pieces, legs, thighs, breasts or wings. see my notes below
- Stir together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan until completely combined. If needed, heat over low heat until the honey is melted but I don’t find this is necessary.
- Arrange the chicken in a layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight or for at least 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.