- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup organic coconut oil soft but still solid
- 2/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips I used a combination*
- Optional - vanilla flavored coconut ice cream to top plus extra chopped dark chocolate**
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 6.5 inch oven proof skillets (or one 9-10 inch skillet) lightly with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg-yolk until fully combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until fully combined and a sticky dough forms.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate/chocolate chips or a combination, then transfer the mixture to the skillet or skillets if using two.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape all the cookie dough from the bowl and spread it out evenly in the skillets to ensure even baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the middle is just set and the edges begin to turn golden brown***
- Allow to cool a bit in the skillet(s) then top with ice cream if desired to serve. Enjoy!