- 250g all-purpose flour or Bao flour (around 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 150ml milk (with 10ml more for adjusting)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3g salt
- 4-8 tablespoons sweet red bean paste
- oil for frying (2 tablespoons)
- In a stand mixer, add flour, salt, instant yeast, milk and sugar and then mix at low speed for 8-9 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Cover with a wet cloth and set aside in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size. Press the dough down (to remove most of the air inside) and then divide the dough into two halves.
- Then roll one half into a long log and divide into four portions. Flatten one portion and roll it into a circle wrapper.
- Scoop around ½ tablespoon to 1 tablespoon sweet red bean paste in the center.Seal the bun completely and then turn it over, making the side with folds facing down. Shape to a round bun. Repeat to finish all.
- Cover the buns with a wet cloth, and then set aside for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Pour oil to a pan and place the buns one by one. Fry one side over medium slow fire for 6-8 minutes (with the lid covered) and then turn over the fry for another 4-5 minutes (with the lid removed).