- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (275 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole milk
- 3 cups (430 grams) blackberries, fresh or frozen
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch round baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk and combine. Add the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish. Scatter the top with all of the blackberries. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of sugar over the top.
- Bake until edges are golden and crispy, 50-60 minutes. When 10 minutes remain (topping is just turning golden), sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
All rights and credits reserved to the owner:
Annalise of "Completely Delicious"