- 1½ lbs pork sausage
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 (17-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs beaten
- poppy seeds
- In a large bowl mix together your sausage, basil, oregano, and thyme, until all the seasonings are evenly distributed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the entire puff pastry into a large rectangle about ⅛ inch thick and about 24 inches wide. Form the sausage into a 1" thick log, the same width of the pastry. Lay meat along the long edge of the pastry and roll until pastry slightly overlaps. Cut excess pastry. Brush with beaten eggs at the join and lay seam side down. Cut slits into each piece, and brush the top with egg and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Cut sausage rolls into 2 inch pieces. You should be able to get 2 logs with 10-12 pieces from each one.
- Place on baking sheet, about one inch apart. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the meat is cooked.
- Serve warm or cold, and ENJOY! NOTE: Rolls can also be put in the freezer to be cooked later.