1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
Red food coloring liquid or gel
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the food coloring gel or liquid until you reach the desired color.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and add the egg and vanilla, mixing well until combined.
5. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder, mixing until thoroughly combined.**I had to add more food coloring gel at this point because the addition of the cocoa powder really changed the color.
6. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the white chocolate chips until incorporated.
7. Using a cookie dough scoop or a tablespoon, drop the dough into mounds about two inches apart from one another. Lightly flatten each cookie dough mound with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
8. Bake until slightly golden and crisp around the edges, about 10-12 minutes. Enjoy.