- 1 sheet of puff pasty cut in half (you can find this in the frozen dessert section)
- 4 cored apples – skin on
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin spices
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- lemon juice
- powdered sugar
1. let the puff pasty sit for 25 mins so its easy to touch.
2. preheat your oven for 400º
3. thinly slice all of the apples, i used a mandolin slicer to get nice thin cuts.
4. mix the apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together and let it sit fo a few minutes.
5. cut puff pasty in half (if you prefer less puff part you could cut in three parts) and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
6. arrange apple slices along the puff pastry in a line stacking the apples as you go.
7. place in the oven for 20 mins or until golden brown.
8. remove pan and transfer to serving platter, top it with some powdered sugar (and ice cream, caramel or whipped cream!) and serve!
All rights and credits reserved to the owner: Jennifer Chong of "See and Savour"