- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1-½ cup Gingersnap Cookie Crumbs
- ¼ cups Butter, Melted
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 Tablespoons Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 cups Heavy Cream, Divided Use
- 4 whole Large Egg Yolks
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ⅔ cups Sugar
- 1 pound, 1-⅔ ounces, weight Mascarpone Cheese
- ½ cups Brewed Espresso, Cooled, Divided Use
- 12 pieces Ladyfingers
- ¼ cups Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Line the bottom and side of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the crust by mixing all of the crust ingredients together with a fork. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan. Bake crust for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Put 1/4 cup of cream in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over it. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the remaining heavy cream until stiff peak forms. Keep in refrigerator for later use.
- Put egg yolks, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water. Use an electric hand mixer to beat constantly until the sugar has completely dissolved and the egg yolks are a pale yellow color. Remove from heat. Whisk in the gelatin mixture.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat mascarpone on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the yolk and gelatin mixture. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl occasionally. Mix in 1/4 cup of cooled espresso until combined. Fold in the chilled whipped cream.
- Pour half of the cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
- Soak the ladyfingers, one at a time, in the remaining espresso for a few seconds each. Lay the soaked ladyfingers over the cheese mixture. Pour remaining cheese mixture over top of the ladyfingers. Level the top with an offset spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with sifted cocoa powder before serving.
All rights and credits reserved to the owner: TastyKitchen.com