- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 2 small courgettes
- 15 gr fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp parmesan, grated
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 3 Tbsps plain flour
- Boil 1 cup of water with 1 tsp of salt (for quinoa). Shred one courgette on the large-holed side of a grater. Drain out all the water. Chop the other courgette, the coriander and the mint leaves. Finely slice a clove of garlic.
- Boil quinoa in the water for around 15 mins. Drain the quinoa thoroughly in a sieve and put it back in the pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt. Cook stirring continuously for 2-3 mins until the mixture will have dried out completely, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another pan with a little oil saute the garlic for about 1 minute then add the courgettes and stir fry for 3-4 mins. Mix in the quinoa, then add turmeric and stir well. Remove from the heat.
- Mix in the flour, the fresh coriander, Parmesan and 3/4 of your yogurt. If needed, add more flour to get a firm consistency. Let the mixture cool down for about ten minutes.
- Form the mixture into 4 equally sized patties. Make sure they are compact so they don't fall apart later.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. When the pan is hot add 2 tbsps of olive oil. Very gently place the patties in the oil and cook for 3-4 mins on each side until golden.
- Whisk the remaining yogurt with the finely chopped fresh mint leaves. Serve the patties with minted yogurt sauce on top.
All rights and credits reserved to the owner:
Daniela of www.foodrecipeshq.com